Best Western West Towne Suites
650 Grand Canyon Drive, Madison, WI 53719-1044
Phone: 608/833-4200 | Fax: 608/833-5614 | 101 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
There are a lot of hotels in Madison, but only one guarantees your stay is just like being at home with a generous peppering of luxury and quality.
The Best Western West Towne Suites is committed to providing every guest with world-class service. Located near the University of Wisconsin and the UW and VA Hospitals, if you're traveling on business you don't need to go far. Many guests are here for the Alliant Energy Center or EPIC Systems and CUNA Mutual, but why not enjoy the bevy of restaurants and shopping while you're here?
Check out one of the Badger football games, spend the afternoon at West Towne, Greenway Station and Hilldale Mall, or indulge in a cultural dose at the World Dairy Expo and Midwest Horsefair. When you're staying at the best Madison hotel in town, you're never far from the action.
Reddan Soccer Park and the Madison Ice Arena are a fantastic way to spend the day. Maybe you're here with Epic Systems, University Research Park, TDS Telecom and Spectrum brands, or the Prometric Testing Center. Our staff is happy to ensure your business needs are met. However, when it comes time for play, this Madison hotel is just as generous. Laser Tag and Schwoegler's Bowling Lanes are next door and two blocks from the Hotel.
Neighboring towns such as Middleton, Fitchburg, Verona and Waunakee are within a ten minute drive. Stroll down to Madison College or Memorial High School to catch a game. The Henry Vilas Zoo, Arboretum, Glenway Golf Course, Odana Hills Golf and miniature golf at Vitense Golfland always make for a great trip. Of course, complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast that includes a choice of fresh eggs "cooked the way you like it", French toast, pancakes, sausage, bacon and potato cubes. You can also choose from fruit, assorted cereals, yogurt, muffins, bagels and bread. You can also enjoy the convenience of our complimentary shuttle to local areas.
Book your next stay with Best Western West Towne Suites for an easy, enjoyable trip!
Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- Express check in
- Complimentary full breakfast, cooked-to-order that includes eggs, pancakes, waffle, frenchtoast, sausage, bacon, muffin, assorted breads, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Exercise facility, 24-hour
- Ice/vending machines 24-hour vending machines, snacks, beverages
- Free parking,
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Business center, 24 hours, free
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Photocopy services, 24-hours
- Fax services available 24-hours
- Conference facilities
- Late check out based on availability
- Printer available
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Weight lifting
- Rowing machine
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Elevator Elevator Installed in March 2013
- Inter corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff (English, Spanish, Hindi, Telugu, Punjabi)
- Dry cleaning
- Express check out
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; free in-room wireless Internet access; free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Mail services
- Equipment rental
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Local shuttle, free, five mile radius, reserve shuttle 24-hours in advance. Contact hotel for hours of operation.
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Complimentary newspaper (Monday though Friday), USA Today
- Complimentary 24-hour coffee
- Safe deposit boxes, available at front desk, no charge
- Translation services available
- Free YMCA full access pass, exercise and swimming facilities
- Cash ATM machine
Best Western West Towne Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western west towne suites in Madison.
Best Western West Towne Suites
Conveniently located, the best western west towne suites in Madison, Wisconsin is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 43.054085 / Latitude: -89.499375
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: MSN Airport. Take International Lane and left onto Anderson Street. From Anderson Street take Stoughton Road/51 South to Highway 12/18 West. From Highway 12 West take Gammon Road - Exit 255. Make a right on Gammon road to Odana Road. Make a right on Odana to Grand Canyon Drive. Make a right on Grand Canyon drive and the Best Western West Towne Suites is on the right.
From: Minneapolis/Eu Clair. From Interstate 90/94 East to Exit 92 for Highway 12/18 East. From Highway 12 East take Gammon Road - Exit 255. Make a Left on Gammon Road to Odana Road. Make a right on Odana to Grand Canyon Drive. Make a right on Grand Canyon drive and the Best Western West Towne Suites is on the right.
From: Milwaukee. From Interstate 94 West to Interstate 39 south/Interstate 90 East. From Interstate 90 East take Highway 12/18 West. From Highway 12 West take Gammon Road - Exit 255. Make a right on Gammon Road to Odana Road. Make a right on Odana to Grand Canyon drive. Make a right on Grand Canyon Drive and the Best Western West Towne Suites is on the right.
From: Green Bay. Take US-41 South to Fond Du Lac. Then take Highway US-151 South to Interstate 39 South/Interstate 90 East. Interstate 90 East to Highway 12/18 West. From Highway 12 West take Gammon Road - Exit 255. Make a right on Gammon Road to Odana Road. Make a right on Odana to Grand Canyon Drive. Make a right on Grand Canyon drive and the Best Western West Towne Suites is on the right.
From: Dubuque/Platteville/Dodge. From US-151 North to Highway 12/18 West. From Highway 12 West take Gammon Road - Exit 255. Make a right on Gammon Road to Odana Road. Make a right on Odana to Grand Canyon Drive. Make a right on Grand Canyon Drive and the Best Western West Towne Suites is on the right.
From: Chicago. From Interstate 90 West/39 North take Highway 12/18 West. From Highway 12 West take Gammon Road - Exit 255. Make a right on Gammon Road to Odana Road. Make a right on Odana to Grand Canyon Drive. Make a right on Grand Canyon Drive and the Best Best Western West Towne Suites is on the right.
Best Western West Towne Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Camp Randall Stadium
Seating 80,321 screaming fans, Camp Randall Stadium is home to the University of Wisconsin Badgers football team.
Visit Camp Randall Stadium during the fall for exciting UW Badgers football games, as they battle the rest of the Big Ten Conference.
The NCAA Division I football season runs from August to December.
One of the largest farmer's markets in Wisconsin, the Dane County Farmers' Market is held each Saturday in Madison. It is a long standing tradition of the Madison region, and it supports over 300 vendors throughout the year.
Formerly known as Truax Field, Dane County Regional Airport (MSN) serves the capital city of Madison. A joint civil-military commercial airpark, MSN is located in northeastern Madison, and is home to Wisconsin Air National Guard and Wisconsin Army National Guard.
Dane County Regional Air supports major airlines such as American, Frontier, United, and Delta – the largest carrier airlines at MSN. The airport serves the public, departing to nearby destinations like Chicago, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Denver, and Detroit.
Occupying over 28 acres on the shores of Lake Wingra in Madison, the Henry Vilas Zoo is one of the city's great attractions. Free for everybody, the zoo sees over 500,000 visitors in a year and is owned by the city. It also hosts the annual Zoo Run Run, a 5 K and 10 K run and walk that starts and finishes in the zoo.
Specific, on-site exhibits include the Discovery Center/Herpetarium, Primate House, and the Children's Zoo Barn. The zoo hosts year-round events and specials for kids and the Madison region. The zoo is open from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, except for some major holidays.
Officially the second largest indoor venue in Wisconsin, the Kohl Center is home to the Wisconsin Badgers men's basketball, men's ice hockey, and women's basketball teams. Open since 1998, the arena also hosts large conventions and ceremonies – most notably, President Barack Obama spoke to the students there in 2008.
The 17,000 capacity arena located in Madison has also hosted several nationally recognized events like the 2008 Jeopardy College Championship. The arena houses different amenities – including the bar and restaurant on the second floor helping it achieve the nation's largest attendance for basketball and hockey.
Given the lake's impressive surface area, water recreation is a popular activity year round among visitors and residents alike.
Further outdoor recreation is found along the shores of Lake Mendota, specifically at sites like James Madison Park and Governor Nelson Park.
The lake features 10 boat landings and seven beaches available for public use, including Tenney park Beach and Memorial Union Beach.
An award-winning Madison museum, the Madison Children's Museum is perfect for children of all ages. The Wildernest area, geared for children five years and younger and the Rooftop Ramble, a four-season clubhouse are favorite centers in the museum.
Kids use their imagination to create masterpieces in the Possible-opolis exhibit and love playing with the Wayback Machine, the Gerbil Wheel, and the Cow Hoist. Schedule plenty of time for this must-do Madison area attraction.
Monona Terrace Convention Center
Straddling the shores of Lake Monona, the Monona Terrace is Madison's premier convention center.
Conceived and proposed by Frank Lloyd Wright, the project was finally completed in 1997 – featuring Wright's exterior designs and extensive convention center services.
The center also hosts free community programs for the people of the Madison region - over 56,000 people take advantage of the center's resources.
Visitors can also take advantage of a daily guided tour, a gift shop, rooftop cafe with views of the lake, and the outside park on the shore.
olbrich Botanical Gardens
Occupying 16 acres alongside Lake Monona, Madison's premier botanical gardens include several garden areas showcasing various plants, environments, and natural ecosystems from around the world.
Admission is free, except for a small fee to visit the Bolz Conservatory.
Madison visitors are invited to stroll through the Sunken Garden, which features a traditional English garden and reflecting pool.
The nearby Thai Garden is littered with examples of Thai sculptures and features a centerpiece pavilion, while the Rock Garden represents a mountain slope.
A performing arts center and art gallery located in downtown Madison, the Overture Center for the Arts features seven venues and several art galleries. It is one of the premier arts centers in the Madison region and it has seen several notable plays and musicals, including The Lion King, The Nutcracker, The Phantom of the Opera, and Wicked.
Overture Hall is the Center's flagship venue and it can seat 2,251 people – it is home to the Madison Symphony Orchestra, Madison Opera, and Madison Ballet. The Capitol Theater can seat 1,098 people and houses the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra and CTM Madison Family Theatre.
Lined with over 370 shops, galleries, restaurants, and night spots, State Street Entertainment District is found in the heart of downtown Madison. Connecting the Wisconsin State Capitol and the campus of the University of Wisconsin - Madison through a pedestrian walkway, State Street is one of the economic and cultural highlights of the Madison region.
Be sure to catch some of the events along State Street, including restaurant week, holiday specials and shopping and events at Capitol Square and at the UW-Madison campus. Visit the Downtown Visitor Center on State Street for more information and travel tips.
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Established in 1848, the University of Wisconsin - Madison (UW-Madison) is a public research university located in the Wisconsin captial city of Madison.
The university is the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin System – featuring 20 schools and colleges – and enrolling roughly 40,000 students.
The 936-acre urban campus is home to several noteworthy Madison landmarks, including Bascom Hall, named to the National Register of Historic Places.
Apart from great history and academia, students enjoy cheering for the UW-Madison Badgers – competing in the NCAA Division Big Ten Conference.
Offering undergraduate and postgraduate education to over 11,500 students, the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater is a four year residential college in Whitewater, near the central college town of Madison. The college is a member of the University of Wisconsin System.
Extracurricular activities include Greek life and numerous athletic teams – collectively known as the Wisconsin-Whitewater Warhawks. Donning purple and white, the Warhawks compete in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
The tallest building in Madison, the Wisconsin State Capitol occupies a prominent place in Madison's history.
Built in 1906, the Capitol has been housing the Wisconsin legislature, the Wisconsin Supreme Court, and the Office of the Governor ever since.
It is surrounded by the Capitol Square, home to many restaurants, shops, and entertainment.
Open to the public from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekends and holidays, the State Capitol offers tours to Madison visitors throughout the day.
Lasting about 45 minutes, the tour covers the Capitol's architecture, art, and history – as well as in-depth looks into the chambers.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.20 mile(s) from Market Square Theatre
- 1.00 mile(s) from Point Cinemas
- 1.00 mile(s) from Zor Shrine Center
- 3.50 mile(s) from National Mustard Museum
- 4.00 mile(s) from Henry Vilas Zoo, free admission
- 5.00 mile(s) from Kohl Center, Badger basketball, hockey, wrestling
- 5.00 mile(s) from Reddan Soccer Park, in Verona, WI
- 5.20 mile(s) from Camp Randall Stadium
- 6.40 mile(s) from Keva Sports Center
- 6.80 mile(s) from Overture Center
- 6.90 mile(s) from Chazen Museum of Art, formerly Elvehjem Museum of Art
- 7.00 mile(s) from Madison Children's Museum
- 7.00 mile(s) from Wisconsin Historical Museum
- 7.00 mile(s) from Wisconsin Veteran's Museum
- 8.00 mile(s) from Alliant Energy Convention Center
- 10.00 mile(s) from Wisconsin State Capitol
- 11.00 mile(s) from Betty Lou Cruises
- 20.00 mile(s) from Cave of Mounds
- 23.00 mile(s) from Wollersheim Winery
- 35.00 mile(s) from House on the Rock, in Spring Green, WI
- 41.00 mile(s) from Ho Chunk Casino & Bingo, in Baraboo, WI
- 0.25 mile(s) from West Towne Mall
- 3.00 mile(s) from West Gate Mall
- 3.00 mile(s) from Greenway Station
- 4.00 mile(s) from Hilldale Mall
- 7.00 mile(s) from State Street
- 30.00 mile(s) from Johnson Creek Outlet Center
- 45.00 mile(s) from Tanger Outlet Center
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.01 mile(s) from Ultrazone Laser Tag
- 0.30 mile(s) from Schwoegler Park Towne Bow
- 0.50 mile(s) from Madison Ice Arena
- 1.75 mile(s) from Vitense Golf land
- 2.60 mile(s) from Odana Hills Golf
- 3.60 mile(s) from Glenway Golf Course
- 4.00 mile(s) from University Ridge Golf
- 5.00 mile(s) from Hartmeyer Ice Arena
- 17.00 mile(s) from Tyrol Basin Ski
- 22.00 mile(s) from Blue Mound State Park
- 0.01 mile(s) from China One Buffet, buffet, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.02 mile(s) from Olive Garden, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.02 mile(s) from Granite City Brewery, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.02 mile(s) from Delaney's Charcoal Steakhouse, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.02 mile(s) from Denny's, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.02 mile(s) from Maharaja Restaurant, full service, Indian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.02 mile(s) from Sai Bai Thong, full service, Thai, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.02 mile(s) from Ginza of Tokyo, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.03 mile(s) from Chili's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.03 mile(s) from Legends Sports Bar & Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 0.03 mile(s) from Joey's Seafood, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.03 mile(s) from Qdoba, fast food, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.03 mile(s) from Panera Bread, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.04 mile(s) from Melting Pot, full service, American, open for: dinner
- 0.06 mile(s) from Starbucks®, cafe, American, open for: breakfast
- 0.20 mile(s) from Long Horn Steak House, full service, Steak House, open for: dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Martin O'Grady Irish Pub, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Pizzeria Uno Chicago Grill, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Pizza Hut, fast food, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Applebee's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Laredo's, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Flemings Steakhouse, full service, Steak House, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Fitzgerald's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
Best Western West Towne Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Madison. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean