Best Western Premier Park Hotel
22 S Carroll Street, Madison, WI 53703-3309
Phone: 608/285-8000 | Fax: 608/257-5995 | 214 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Experience Madison, Wisconsin during your stay at Madison's only Capitol Square hotel. The newly renovated Best Western Premier Park Hotel stands as a reflection of Madison's history and growth as a city.
A stay this downtown hotel means the best of Madison is happening right outside your window. The Dane County Famers Market, Art Fair on the Square, Concerts on the Square, Taste of Madison, and the Ironman Wisconsin Triathlon are a few of the events that happen on the Capitol Square. The nearby Overture Center for the Arts, State Street and the Monona Terrace Convention Center, makes this downtown Madison hotel perfect for both business travelers and guests looking for a one-of-a-kind vacation. With the University of Wisconsin's Kohl Center and Camp Randall Stadium nearby, a stay at Best Western Premier Park Hotel makes for an easy game day.
Your guest room or suite is well-appointed with everything you need to relax and feel at home after a day of work or exploring Madison. This upscale hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi, 42-inch flat screen televisions, microwaves, and refrigerators in each room. Start your day with a shower in a marble tiled bath with Kohler Flipside showerhead. When not in the comfortable rooms, enjoy the new on-site restaurant and lounge, indoor heated swimming pool, business center, fitness center and complimentary airport shuttle.
Looking for a place to host your next event or conference? The Best Western Premier Park Hotel features 14 flexible meeting spaces including the Top of the Park sky view room and the Hall of Wisconsin ballroom.
Enjoy downtown Madison from the only hotel on the Capitol Square. We look forward to seeing you!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary newspaper available at the front desk.
- Indoor pool, heated pool terrace may be reserved for special events. Poolside rooms available.
- Barber/beauty shop
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Cocktail lounge, Signature Lounge
- 24-hour front desk
- Massage services, Cinema Salon
- Exercise facility, open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. workout in our fitness center overlooking our pool. Treadmill, elliptical and weight machines are available.
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Restaurant and lounge
- High-speed Internet access
- Banquet and meeting facilities accommodate up to 600
- Business services
- Fitness center
- Indoor pool
- Interior corridor
- Airport courtesy shuttle
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish, Italian, French)
- Express check out
- Late check out, when available
- Safe deposit box, at front desk
- Cable or satellite television, high definition programming
- Free wireless Internet available in public area; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet available in public area and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services, available at the front desk
- Computer available
- Wedding services
- Meeting facilities, accommodates up to 600. Total measurement of all meeting rooms is 14,000 sq feet.
- Banquet facilities, accommodates up to 600
- Conference facilities
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Ice/vending machines
- Airport car, 24-hours
- Valet parking, $10.00 USD fee per day
- Parking charge: The rate will be $10.00 USD fee per day for the first vehicle (guaranteed a spot) and $20.00 USD fee a day for any additional vehicles based on available space. All parking is by valet and there are 24-hour in-and-out privileges $10.00 USD fee.
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Motorcoach parking available
Best Western Premier Park Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western premier park hotel in Madison.
Best Western Premier Park Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western premier park hotel in Madison, Wisconsin is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 43.073037 / Latitude: -89.384446
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The east. Take Interstate 94 to Wisconsin Highway 30, then U.S. 151 South/East Washington to Capitol Square. Taking the Inner Loop, proceed around Capitol to Carroll Street, turn left and the Best Western Premier Park Hotel is two blocks ahead on the right.
From: The north. Take Interstate 90/94 Exit 135A U.S. 151 South to Capitol Square-Inner loop, proceed around Capitol to Carroll Street, left two blocks, the Best Western Premier Park Hotel.
From: The south. Take Interstate 39/90 to U.S. 12/18 West, Exit 142/left lane exit. Proceed four miles to John Nolen Drive, Exit 263, and go one and a half miles to Broom Street, turn left. Travel four blocks to West Washington and turn right and then proceed four more blocks to Carroll Street and turn right. On Carroll Street proceed one block to the Best Western Premier Park Hotel.
From: The southwest. Follow U.S. 151 North to west Washington, staying on West Washington to Carroll Street. Turn right and proceed one block to the Best Western Premiere Park Hotel.
Best Western Premier Park Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Camp Randall Stadium
Seating 80,321 screaming fans, Camp Randall Stadium is home to the University of Wisconsin Badgers football team.
Visit Camp Randall Stadium during the fall for exciting UW Badgers football games, as they battle the rest of the Big Ten Conference.
The NCAA Division I football season runs from August to December.
One of the largest farmer's markets in Wisconsin, the Dane County Farmers' Market is held each Saturday in Madison. It is a long standing tradition of the Madison region, and it supports over 300 vendors throughout the year.
Formerly known as Truax Field, Dane County Regional Airport (MSN) serves the capital city of Madison. A joint civil-military commercial airpark, MSN is located in northeastern Madison, and is home to Wisconsin Air National Guard and Wisconsin Army National Guard.
Dane County Regional Air supports major airlines such as American, Frontier, United, and Delta – the largest carrier airlines at MSN. The airport serves the public, departing to nearby destinations like Chicago, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Denver, and Detroit.
Occupying over 28 acres on the shores of Lake Wingra in Madison, the Henry Vilas Zoo is one of the city's great attractions. Free for everybody, the zoo sees over 500,000 visitors in a year and is owned by the city. It also hosts the annual Zoo Run Run, a 5 K and 10 K run and walk that starts and finishes in the zoo.
Specific, on-site exhibits include the Discovery Center/Herpetarium, Primate House, and the Children's Zoo Barn. The zoo hosts year-round events and specials for kids and the Madison region. The zoo is open from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, except for some major holidays.
Officially the second largest indoor venue in Wisconsin, the Kohl Center is home to the Wisconsin Badgers men's basketball, men's ice hockey, and women's basketball teams. Open since 1998, the arena also hosts large conventions and ceremonies – most notably, President Barack Obama spoke to the students there in 2008.
The 17,000 capacity arena located in Madison has also hosted several nationally recognized events like the 2008 Jeopardy College Championship. The arena houses different amenities – including the bar and restaurant on the second floor helping it achieve the nation's largest attendance for basketball and hockey.
Given the lake's impressive surface area, water recreation is a popular activity year round among visitors and residents alike.
Further outdoor recreation is found along the shores of Lake Mendota, specifically at sites like James Madison Park and Governor Nelson Park.
The lake features 10 boat landings and seven beaches available for public use, including Tenney park Beach and Memorial Union Beach.
An award-winning Madison museum, the Madison Children's Museum is perfect for children of all ages. The Wildernest area, geared for children five years and younger and the Rooftop Ramble, a four-season clubhouse are favorite centers in the museum.
Kids use their imagination to create masterpieces in the Possible-opolis exhibit and love playing with the Wayback Machine, the Gerbil Wheel, and the Cow Hoist. Schedule plenty of time for this must-do Madison area attraction.
Monona Terrace Convention Center
Straddling the shores of Lake Monona, the Monona Terrace is Madison's premier convention center.
Conceived and proposed by Frank Lloyd Wright, the project was finally completed in 1997 – featuring Wright's exterior designs and extensive convention center services.
The center also hosts free community programs for the people of the Madison region - over 56,000 people take advantage of the center's resources.
Visitors can also take advantage of a daily guided tour, a gift shop, rooftop cafe with views of the lake, and the outside park on the shore.
olbrich Botanical Gardens
Occupying 16 acres alongside Lake Monona, Madison's premier botanical gardens include several garden areas showcasing various plants, environments, and natural ecosystems from around the world.
Admission is free, except for a small fee to visit the Bolz Conservatory.
Madison visitors are invited to stroll through the Sunken Garden, which features a traditional English garden and reflecting pool.
The nearby Thai Garden is littered with examples of Thai sculptures and features a centerpiece pavilion, while the Rock Garden represents a mountain slope.
A performing arts center and art gallery located in downtown Madison, the Overture Center for the Arts features seven venues and several art galleries. It is one of the premier arts centers in the Madison region and it has seen several notable plays and musicals, including The Lion King, The Nutcracker, The Phantom of the Opera, and Wicked.
Overture Hall is the Center's flagship venue and it can seat 2,251 people – it is home to the Madison Symphony Orchestra, Madison Opera, and Madison Ballet. The Capitol Theater can seat 1,098 people and houses the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra and CTM Madison Family Theatre.
Lined with over 370 shops, galleries, restaurants, and night spots, State Street Entertainment District is found in the heart of downtown Madison. Connecting the Wisconsin State Capitol and the campus of the University of Wisconsin - Madison through a pedestrian walkway, State Street is one of the economic and cultural highlights of the Madison region.
Be sure to catch some of the events along State Street, including restaurant week, holiday specials and shopping and events at Capitol Square and at the UW-Madison campus. Visit the Downtown Visitor Center on State Street for more information and travel tips.
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Established in 1848, the University of Wisconsin - Madison (UW-Madison) is a public research university located in the Wisconsin captial city of Madison.
The university is the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin System – featuring 20 schools and colleges – and enrolling roughly 40,000 students.
The 936-acre urban campus is home to several noteworthy Madison landmarks, including Bascom Hall, named to the National Register of Historic Places.
Apart from great history and academia, students enjoy cheering for the UW-Madison Badgers – competing in the NCAA Division Big Ten Conference.
Offering undergraduate and postgraduate education to over 11,500 students, the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater is a four year residential college in Whitewater, near the central college town of Madison. The college is a member of the University of Wisconsin System.
Extracurricular activities include Greek life and numerous athletic teams – collectively known as the Wisconsin-Whitewater Warhawks. Donning purple and white, the Warhawks compete in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
The tallest building in Madison, the Wisconsin State Capitol occupies a prominent place in Madison's history.
Built in 1906, the Capitol has been housing the Wisconsin legislature, the Wisconsin Supreme Court, and the Office of the Governor ever since.
It is surrounded by the Capitol Square, home to many restaurants, shops, and entertainment.
Open to the public from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekends and holidays, the State Capitol offers tours to Madison visitors throughout the day.
Lasting about 45 minutes, the tour covers the Capitol's architecture, art, and history – as well as in-depth looks into the chambers.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.01 mile(s) from Wisconsin Historical Museum
- 0.01 mile(s) from Wisconsin State Capitol
- 0.01 mile(s) from Dane County Farmers Market, largest producer and the only farmers market in the country! Saturdays April-November on the Capitol Square.
- 0.01 mile(s) from Taste Of Madison, annually over Labor Day weekend on the Capitol Square.
- 0.01 mile(s) from Madison Marathon, annually over Memorial Day weekend.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Wisconsin Veterans Museum
- 0.30 mile(s) from Madison Children's Museum
- 0.30 mile(s) from Monona Terrace Convention
- 0.30 mile(s) from Ford Ironman WI Triathlon, annual event the Sunday after Labor Day
- 0.50 mile(s) from Overture Center for the Arts
- 0.50 mile(s) from MMOCA, Madison Museum of Contemporary Art
- 1.00 mile(s) from Kohl Center, basketball, hockey and concerts venue on UW-Madison Campus
- 1.00 mile(s) from Chazen Museum of Art
- 1.00 mile(s) from Wisconsin Historical Society
- 2.00 mile(s) from Alliant Energy Center
- 2.00 mile(s) from World Dairy Expo, held at the Alliant Energy Center
- 2.50 mile(s) from Camp Randall Stadium
- 3.00 mile(s) from Henry Vilas Zoo
- 4.00 mile(s) from Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- 30.00 mile(s) from House on the Rock
- 32.00 mile(s) from Taliesin
- 35.00 mile(s) from Cave of the Mounds
- 40.00 mile(s) from Circus World Museum
- 45.00 mile(s) from Wisconsin Dells
- 0.20 mile(s) from State Street Shopping
- 1.00 mile(s) from Willy Street Shopping, Williamson Street Shopping District
- 2.00 mile(s) from Monroe Street Shopping
- 3.00 mile(s) from Hilldale Shopping Center, boutiques, restaurants and Sundance Cinema
- 4.00 mile(s) from Westgate Mall
- 5.00 mile(s) from East Towne Mall
- 6.00 mile(s) from West Towne Mall
- 7.00 mile(s) from Greenway Station, Outdoor Shopping Mall and Resturants
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Indoor pool
- 0.03 mile(s) from Madison Childrens Museum
- 0.05 mile(s) from Oveture Center for the Arts
- 0.08 mile(s) from Madison Museum of Contemporary Art
- 0.30 mile(s) from WI Veterans Museum
- 1.00 mile(s) from Bicycle Trails, Lake Monona, UW Arbortium, Pheasant Branch Conservancy Trail (Middleton) Capital City State Trail and Military Ridge State Trail
- 1.00 mile(s) from James Madison Beach
- 2.60 mile(s) from Henry Vilas Zoo & Beach
- 3.50 mile(s) from Allient Energy Center
- 5.00 mile(s) from Monona Golf Course
- 5.50 mile(s) from Vitense Golf Land
- 7.00 mile(s) from Yahara Hills Golf Course
- 55.00 mile(s) from The Wisconsin Dells
- Jerome's, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.07 mile(s) from Hawk's Bar & Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.20 mile(s) from Madison's, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 0.20 mile(s) from Johnny Delmonico's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner,
- 0.40 mile(s) from Great Dane, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.40 mile(s) from Harvest, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 0.40 mile(s) from Blue Marlin, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 0.40 mile(s) from L'Etoile, basserie, French, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.40 mile(s) from The Old Fashioned, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Tornado Club, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.40 mile(s) from Marigold Kitchen, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch
- 0.50 mile(s) from Noodles, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from Muramoto, bar/lounge, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.70 mile(s) from Ian's Pizza, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.08 mile(s) from Fresco, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Samba Brazilian Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Porta Bella, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: dinner
- 1.0 mile(s) from Nitty Gritty, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.50 mile(s) from Glass Nickel Pizza Co., brasserie, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
Best Western Premier Park Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Madison. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean