Best Western Plus InnTowner Madison
2424 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53726-3811
Phone: 608/233-8778 | Fax: 608/233-1325 | 176 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
The Best Western Plus InnTowner Madison has just completed a multi-million dollar renovation of its 176 guest rooms with new carpet, pillow top mattress bedding, 42-inch flat screen televisions, iHome® clock radios, and new furniture in each guest room.
Located in the heart of Madison, you're sure to feel right at home while you're here at the Best Western Plus InnTowner Madison. Our convenient location, close to downtown and the University of Wisconsin - Madison Campus, allows for quick and easy access to a wide variety of destinations in Madison. In addition, our residential neighborhood setting provides a sense of calmness while you're visiting.
Our free hotel shuttle service gets you where you need to go with ease. Guests appreciate quick, effortless access to Madison area hospitals, college campuses and athletic events, as well as Dane County Regional Airport and Madison's popular visitor destinations.
Start your day off right by enjoying downtown Madison's most extensive free hot breakfast buffet including items such as: scrambled eggs, fresh breads, homemade sweet rolls and Danish, bacon or sausage, breakfast fries, hash browns, muffins, yogurt, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, French toast or pancakes, assorted Juices, hot coffee or tea.
Other key hotel features include: complimentary hot breakfast buffet, free high-speed Internet access, free parking (one vehicle allowed per room), heated indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness center, featuring four machines, 24/7 business center, Keurig® coffee machines, grab-n-go food market, complimentary popcorn, restaurant-cocktail lounge.
Whether you're traveling for business, visiting friends or celebrating a special family event, count on the Best Western Plus InnTowner Madison to provide the best overall value so you're sure to be completely satisfied.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary breakfast
- Airport courtesy shuttle available, 8:30am to 10:30pm Complimentary shuttle service from Dane County Airport, 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., University of Wisconsin Madison Campus, University of Wisconsin Hospital, clinics and downtown attractions, 7:15 a.m. to 10:45 p.m.
- Complimentary full breakfast, Deluxe Buffet featuring Scrambled Eggs, Hash Browns, Biscuits and Gravy, Sausage or Bacon, Pancakes, Fruit and Yogurt, along with Juice, Water and Coffee, Cereal and Breads available! All complimentary for guests
- Cocktail lounge Highland Corner Grill Bar and Grill Brand new in 2016 Enjoy the outdoor patio during the summer months
- Indoor pool Heated
- Hot tub, Whirlpool
- Exercise facility open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. featuring three Vision Fitness Machines. Treadmill, stair stepper and stationary bike
- Free parking, one car per guest room
- Meeting facilities, Ameche Ballroom, Bascom Meeting Room, Van Hise Meeting Room, Executive Board Room
- Banquet facilities Ameche Ballroom, Bascom Meeting Room, Van Hise Meeting Room
- Photocopy services
- Poolside services Lift Chair Available
- Business center
- Fax services located at the front desk
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Elevator, Two Elevators - one in front of hotel and one in rear of hotel
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish)
- Express check out
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Mail services, picked up daily from the front desk at 12 noon
- Conference facilities, Graaskamp Meeting Room - tiered style conference room. Great for meetings and training seminars
- Food and Beverage gratuity is 20%.
- Ballroom Ameche Ballroom - features a 12' ceiling, natural lighting and banquet space for up to 200 people - great for weddings, events, seminars and conferences.
- Convenience store/Sundry Candy Shop Vending Machine - Featuring Healthy Items
- Air-conditioning, Throughout the hotel
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged, directly in the front of the hotel
- Ice/vending machines, on each floor of the hotel
- Local shuttle, our local area shuttle operates anywhere within two-miles of our hotel. This includes the UW-Campus, Capitol Square, State St., Hilldale, and numerous other destinations.
- Outdoor parking, one car per guest room
- Truck/RV parking, at the rear of the hotel
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- A 176 room four-story hotel located on the west campus of the University of Wisconsin Madison
Best Western Plus InnTowner Madison
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus inntowner madison in Madison.
Best Western Plus InnTowner Madison
Conveniently located, the best western plus inntowner madison in Madison, Wisconsin is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 43.072665 / Latitude: -89.428145
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Northwest - I-90/94. Interstate 94 will veer west to go to Milwaukee, continue on Interstate 90 (toward Stoughton). Exit Highway 12/18 West. Exit Midvale Boulevard /Dodgeville from ramp turn right onto Midvale Boulevard. Continue on Midvale Boulevard until road ends (forms 'T' with University Avenue). Turn right onto University Avenue. Stay in right lane on University Avenue. University Avenue splits into Campus Drive/University Avenue. Stay on University Avenue. Best Western Plus InnTowner & the Highland Club is located at the first set of traffic lights after road forks. It is at the intersection of University Avenue and Highland Avenue. Or Google 2424 University Avenue Madison, WI 53726
From: Northeast, Highway 151 So At the Interstate 90/94 interchange, take Highway 151 exit (also called East Washington Avenue). Turn right on First Street. Turn left at the next set of traffic lights (Johnson Street). After one mile, Johnson Street becomes Gorham Street and becomes a one-way street. Continue on Gorham. Gorham Street becomes University Avenue. Continue on University Avenue. After about one mile, University Avenue splits into Campus Drive and University Avenue. You will need to be in the far left lane before road splits. Stay on University Avenue (which will veer to left at fork). This is now a two-way street. The Best Western Plus InnTowner & the Highland Club is located about one mile past the split on University, at the intersection with Highland Avenue on the right hand side of the street.
From: Southeast - I-90 North. Exit Highway 12/18 West and then exit on Midvale Boulevard/Dodgeville, from ramp turn right onto Midvale Boulevard. Continue on Midvale Boulevard until road ends (forms 'T' with University Avenue). Turn right onto University Avenue. Stay in right lane on University Avenue. University Avenue splits into Campus Drive/University Avenue. Stay on University Avenue. Best Western Plus InnTowner & the Highland Club is located at the first set of traffic lights.
Best Western Plus InnTowner Madison
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Camp Randall Stadium
Seating 80,321 screaming fans, Camp Randall Stadium is home to the University of Wisconsin Badgers football team.
Visit Camp Randall Stadium during the fall for exciting UW Badgers football games, as they battle the rest of the Big Ten Conference.
The NCAA Division I football season runs from August to December.
One of the largest farmer's markets in Wisconsin, the Dane County Farmers' Market is held each Saturday in Madison. It is a long standing tradition of the Madison region, and it supports over 300 vendors throughout the year.
Formerly known as Truax Field, Dane County Regional Airport (MSN) serves the capital city of Madison. A joint civil-military commercial airpark, MSN is located in northeastern Madison, and is home to Wisconsin Air National Guard and Wisconsin Army National Guard.
Dane County Regional Air supports major airlines such as American, Frontier, United, and Delta – the largest carrier airlines at MSN. The airport serves the public, departing to nearby destinations like Chicago, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Denver, and Detroit.
Occupying over 28 acres on the shores of Lake Wingra in Madison, the Henry Vilas Zoo is one of the city's great attractions. Free for everybody, the zoo sees over 500,000 visitors in a year and is owned by the city. It also hosts the annual Zoo Run Run, a 5 K and 10 K run and walk that starts and finishes in the zoo.
Specific, on-site exhibits include the Discovery Center/Herpetarium, Primate House, and the Children's Zoo Barn. The zoo hosts year-round events and specials for kids and the Madison region. The zoo is open from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily, except for some major holidays.
Officially the second largest indoor venue in Wisconsin, the Kohl Center is home to the Wisconsin Badgers men's basketball, men's ice hockey, and women's basketball teams. Open since 1998, the arena also hosts large conventions and ceremonies – most notably, President Barack Obama spoke to the students there in 2008.
The 17,000 capacity arena located in Madison has also hosted several nationally recognized events like the 2008 Jeopardy College Championship. The arena houses different amenities – including the bar and restaurant on the second floor helping it achieve the nation's largest attendance for basketball and hockey.
Given the lake's impressive surface area, water recreation is a popular activity year round among visitors and residents alike.
Further outdoor recreation is found along the shores of Lake Mendota, specifically at sites like James Madison Park and Governor Nelson Park.
The lake features 10 boat landings and seven beaches available for public use, including Tenney park Beach and Memorial Union Beach.
An award-winning Madison museum, the Madison Children's Museum is perfect for children of all ages. The Wildernest area, geared for children five years and younger and the Rooftop Ramble, a four-season clubhouse are favorite centers in the museum.
Kids use their imagination to create masterpieces in the Possible-opolis exhibit and love playing with the Wayback Machine, the Gerbil Wheel, and the Cow Hoist. Schedule plenty of time for this must-do Madison area attraction.
Monona Terrace Convention Center
Straddling the shores of Lake Monona, the Monona Terrace is Madison's premier convention center.
Conceived and proposed by Frank Lloyd Wright, the project was finally completed in 1997 – featuring Wright's exterior designs and extensive convention center services.
The center also hosts free community programs for the people of the Madison region - over 56,000 people take advantage of the center's resources.
Visitors can also take advantage of a daily guided tour, a gift shop, rooftop cafe with views of the lake, and the outside park on the shore.
olbrich Botanical Gardens
Occupying 16 acres alongside Lake Monona, Madison's premier botanical gardens include several garden areas showcasing various plants, environments, and natural ecosystems from around the world.
Admission is free, except for a small fee to visit the Bolz Conservatory.
Madison visitors are invited to stroll through the Sunken Garden, which features a traditional English garden and reflecting pool.
The nearby Thai Garden is littered with examples of Thai sculptures and features a centerpiece pavilion, while the Rock Garden represents a mountain slope.
A performing arts center and art gallery located in downtown Madison, the Overture Center for the Arts features seven venues and several art galleries. It is one of the premier arts centers in the Madison region and it has seen several notable plays and musicals, including The Lion King, The Nutcracker, The Phantom of the Opera, and Wicked.
Overture Hall is the Center's flagship venue and it can seat 2,251 people – it is home to the Madison Symphony Orchestra, Madison Opera, and Madison Ballet. The Capitol Theater can seat 1,098 people and houses the Wisconsin Chamber Orchestra and CTM Madison Family Theatre.
Lined with over 370 shops, galleries, restaurants, and night spots, State Street Entertainment District is found in the heart of downtown Madison. Connecting the Wisconsin State Capitol and the campus of the University of Wisconsin - Madison through a pedestrian walkway, State Street is one of the economic and cultural highlights of the Madison region.
Be sure to catch some of the events along State Street, including restaurant week, holiday specials and shopping and events at Capitol Square and at the UW-Madison campus. Visit the Downtown Visitor Center on State Street for more information and travel tips.
University of Wisconsin - Madison
Established in 1848, the University of Wisconsin - Madison (UW-Madison) is a public research university located in the Wisconsin captial city of Madison.
The university is the flagship campus of the University of Wisconsin System – featuring 20 schools and colleges – and enrolling roughly 40,000 students.
The 936-acre urban campus is home to several noteworthy Madison landmarks, including Bascom Hall, named to the National Register of Historic Places.
Apart from great history and academia, students enjoy cheering for the UW-Madison Badgers – competing in the NCAA Division Big Ten Conference.
Offering undergraduate and postgraduate education to over 11,500 students, the University of Wisconsin - Whitewater is a four year residential college in Whitewater, near the central college town of Madison. The college is a member of the University of Wisconsin System.
Extracurricular activities include Greek life and numerous athletic teams – collectively known as the Wisconsin-Whitewater Warhawks. Donning purple and white, the Warhawks compete in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
The tallest building in Madison, the Wisconsin State Capitol occupies a prominent place in Madison's history.
Built in 1906, the Capitol has been housing the Wisconsin legislature, the Wisconsin Supreme Court, and the Office of the Governor ever since.
It is surrounded by the Capitol Square, home to many restaurants, shops, and entertainment.
Open to the public from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekends and holidays, the State Capitol offers tours to Madison visitors throughout the day.
Lasting about 45 minutes, the tour covers the Capitol's architecture, art, and history – as well as in-depth looks into the chambers.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1 mile(s) from Monona Terrace Conv Ctr, About Monona Terrace Convention Center •Located in Madison, Wisconsin on Lake Monona •250,000 sq. ft., five-level facility, extending 90 ft. over Lake Monona •85,000 sq. ft. of total meeting and exhibit space •37,200 sq. ft. Exhibition Hall, accommodating 212 10' x 10' booths; seats 3,300 for concerts and 2,000 for banquets •13,524 sq. ft. Madison Ballroom, seating 1,400 theater-style and 808 for banquet rounds of 8 •5,540 sq. ft. lecture Hall, seating 320 •21 break-out rooms •45,590 sq. ft. William T. Evjue Rooftop Gardens, accommodating 3,043 for a reception •Gender-convertible rest rooms on level I-lakeside. Ample rest rooms on all levels •600 parking spaces
- 10 block(s) from Camp Randall Stadium, Home Stadium - Wisconsin Badgers Football Team Site of WIAA State Football Championships
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Kohl Center, Home Arena - Wisconsin Basketball Team Home Arena - Wisconsin Hockey Team Site of WIAA State Basketball Championships Site of WIAA State Wrestling Championships
- 5 block(s) from University of Wisconsin, Rated one of the top 10 university's in the US
- 10 block(s) from UW Field House, Home of UW Volleyball Team Wrestling Championships
- .5 mile(s) from Blackhawk Country Club, Beautiful golf course/reception facility located just 5 minutes from the hotel...great for weddings
- 3 block(s) from UW Hospital and Clinics, World Class Hospital and Clinics featuring the American Family Children's Hospital and the Paul Carbone Cancer Center
- 3 block(s) from UW Natatorium, Indoor Pool - Site of UW Swimming Team Site of WIAA State Swimming Championships Site of WIAA State Diving Championships
- 1.00 mile(s) from Goodman Softball Diamond, Site of UW Softball Team Site of many softbal events
- 1.00 mile(s) from UW Memorial Union, Features Outside concerts, student gatherings, dining, on the shores of beautiful Lake Mendota
- 3 block(s) from UW Nursing School, UW Madison's Primary Nursing School
- 1.75 mile(s) from State Capitol, Replica building of the Nation's Capitol
- 12 block(s) from Union South, New campus uniion offers several restaurants, a coffeehouse, Babcock Ice Cream, a pub, live music, movie theater, bowling, a climbing wall, and convenience store
- 1.75 mile(s) from The Overture Center, World Class Entertainment Venue Broadway, dance, music and childrens entertainment Home to 10 local art groups
- 1 mile(s) from Dane County Farmers Mrkt, Largest Producers Only Farmers Market in the Country.
- 1.75 mile(s) from Majestic Theater, Retro Concert Venue featuring local, regional and national acts
- 1.75 mile(s) from Alliant Energy Center, The AEC is ideal for meetings, banquets, trade shows, concerts and large sporting events. 255,000 sq. ft. of meeting space Site of World Dairy Expo
- 1.75 mile(s) from The Museum Walk, Madison Art Center, State Historical Museum and Wisconsin Veteran's Museum
- 15 mile(s) from Reddan Soccer Park, Reddan Soccer Park is a 60 acre facility belonging to the Madison Area Youth Soccer Association. On an annual basis, Reddan Soccer Park hosts more than 1,000 games, 8 major tournaments with participants from across the Midwest and over 175,000 visitors.
- 1 mile(s) from The Hilldale Mall, Over 30 Stores including Macy's, Target, many restaurants and Sundance 608 Cinema
- 1 mile(s) from State Street Shopping, A unique place in downtown Madison alive with activity every day of the week and featuring block after block of specialty shops, art galleries, gift stores, women's boutiques, ethnic shops, theaters, museums, restaurants and outdoor sidewalk cafes. Linking the Capitol Square with the University of Wisconsin campus, State Street is a shopper's paradise. State Street is a pedestrian mall lined with over 200 unique shops and specialty stores featuring books, CD's, jewelry, gifts, arts, crafts, college apparel, sporting goods, women's fashions, specialty foods and much more. You can even find bicycles, army gear, hats, eyeglasses, cigars, chocolate and ice cream. For the fun little gift or that really special item, there really is something for everyone on State Street!
- 6 block(s) from The Vilas Zoo, Comlimentary state of the art zoo featuring animals from thoughout the world
- 1.00 mile(s) from Hilldale Shopping Mall
- 2.00 mile(s) from the Farmers Market and State Street Pedestrian Mall
- 6.00 mile(s) from West Towne Shopping Mall
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- .20 miles(s) from Nielsen Tennis Courts
- .20 mile(s) from Goodman Diamond, baseball and softball diamond
- 1.00 mile(s) from Natatorium, swimming and diving facility
- Highland Corner Grill, on premises, Cafe, American, Open for: breakfast, serving breakfast from 6:30am until 10:30am
- The Bar, on premises, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, serving sandwiches from 5pm until 9pm
- Across the street from Lombardino's, Full Service, Italian, Open for: dinner, 2500 University Avenue, Madison 238-1922 serving authentic Italian dinners nightly
- .01 mile(s) from Blue Moon Bar and Grill, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 2535 University Ave, Madison 233-0441
- 3.00 mile(s) from Essen House-German Restau, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, 514 East Wilson, Madison, 255-4674, authentic German and American cuisine, live Oompah Music 250 imported and 14 German Beers
- 10.00 mile(s) from Pedro's Mexican Restauran, Bar/Lounge, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner, 3555 East Washington Avenue, Madison, 241-8110, where Madison goes for the best Mexican fajitas and margaritas
Best Western Plus InnTowner Madison
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Madison. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean