BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel
2901 Hummingbird Road, Wausau, WI 54401-7327
Phone: 715/842-1616 | Fax: 715/845-3726 | 97 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
At our Wausau hotel guests can enjoy skiing at Granite Peak Ski Area in the winter or motorcycle rides like the Harley Davidson Tomahawk Fall Ride in warmer weather, any time is a great time to visit.
Whether it’s a corporate event, wedding, or sports tournament that brings you to town, there are plenty of activities to keep you entertained. From the Badger State Games, Marathon County Youth Hockey tournaments, and softball tournaments to checking out the Wisconsin Valley Fair, there’s never a dull moment in Central Wisconsin.
Next to Granite Peak Ski Area and Rib Mountain State Park, we’re the closest hotel to some of the most incredible outdoor recreation sites. Enjoy scheduled shuttle service along with bike and walking trails right off the edge of the property. Relax in our domed tropical atrium pool area with a whirlpool, arcades, ping pong table and billiards table. Nothing beats a little R&R before exploring many of the unique local attractions such as the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum where the Bird in Art Festival is held each fall.
We’re located next to I-39, US-51 and WI-29, with shopping only minutes away, including the Wausau Center Mall and many stores lining Rib Mountain Drive. Truck parking is available for rigs and RVs. Enjoy Broadway shows, comedians and concerts at the Grand Theater, several micro-breweries like Great Dane Pub, Red Eye Brewing Company and Bull Falls Brewery, and who could forget about the live music on the downtown 400 block throughout the summer.
For guests here on business with Aspirus Hospitals and Marshfield Clinic, you’ll have a fast commute. Clients and employees of Greenheck Fan Corp., Marathon Cheese Corp., Kolbe and Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork Co. Inc and many other area businesses often call us their second home. If it’s a meeting that brings you here, you have over 6,000 square feet of flexible meeting space with on-site catering at your service.
Book your BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel room now!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Computer modem hookups
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, Hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, juices, and more.
- Cocktail lounge, Rivalz Restaurant is a Sports Bar and Casual Dining experience.
- Indoor pool, heated
- Poolside services, during restaurant hours
- Hot tub whirlpool
- Exercise facility Open from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry $1.50 nominal fee, open from 6:00am to 11:00 pm
- Dry cleaning, pickup service available, fees vary.
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out, inquire at Front Desk
- Solarium Atrium style pool area
- Game room Coin operated video games, pool tables, and ping pong.
- Children's activities, arcade games, pool and ping pong tables.
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, complimentary open 24 hours
- Printer available
- Fax services, available at the front desk, nominal fee for outgoing
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Audio/visual equipment
- Conference services
- Exhibit services
- Dataports, analog dial-up
- Video conferencing
- Mail services
- Wedding services Onsite reception facility
- Meeting facilities, space available for 400 plus people
- Banquet facilities, space available for 400 plus people
- Conference facilities
- Equipment rental
- Ballroom, space available for 400 plus people
- Convenience store/Sundry Various food and drink, general travel supplies, snacks
- Table tennis/ping pong
- Physically challenged services, wheelchair available
- Physically challenged facilities
- Parking for the physically challenged, large parking facility
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines
- Local shuttle, advance notice required to guarantee availability - Additional fees apply when booking through third party websites for all shuttle services.
- Airport car 24-hours, advance notice required to guarantee availability - Additional fees apply when booking through third party websites for all shuttle services.
- Gift shop or newsstand Various seasonal gifts
- Free parking, large parking facility
- Outdoor parking, large parking facility
- Truck/RV parking, large parking facility
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- 10,000 square foot domed atrium houses the pool and game area
- No elevator
- Complimentary coffee service in lobby
- Taxi service available 24-hours, nominal fee. Limo service available 24-hours, nominal fee.
- Additional fees apply for shuttle services when booking through third party websites.
BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western midway hotel in Wausau.
BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western midway hotel in Wausau, Wisconsin is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 44.930085 / Latitude: -89.664925
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 39. Take Exit 190 on to Highway NN West. At the intersection of Highway NN and Hummingbird Road, take a left. The BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel will be on the left. We look forward to seeing you!
From: Highway 51. Take Exit 190 on to Highway NN West. At the intersection of Highway NN and Hummingbird Road, take a left. The BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel will be on the left. We look forward to seeing you!
From: Highway 29. Take Exit 190 on to Highway NN West. At the intersection of Highway NN and Hummingbird Road, take a left. The BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel will be on the left. We look forward to seeing you!
BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from Rib Mountain State Park, beautiful State Park with great views and rock formations, an amazing view from the fire tower, hiking and picnic areas.
- 1.00 mile(s) from State Park Speedway, Wisconsin's premier 1/4 mile asphalt track. Late model and sport stock racing throughout the summer.
- 2.50 mile(s) from The 400 Block, renovated in 2011, the 400 Block is a community gathering space featuring a stage, gathering space, and water fountain. The 400 Block hosts many events throughout the summer, including concerts in the square
- 3.00 mile(s) from Grand Theater, offers a varitey of entertainment to the community and visitors in a restored to the Grand Era theatre
- 4.00 mile(s) from Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, home to the world renowned Birds & Art Collection. Beautiful art work changes regularly.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Historic Andrew Warren, residential area on the National Register of Historic Places
- 5.00 mile(s) from Marcus Cedar Creek Cinema, The Marcus Cedar Creek Cinema, located in the Cedar Creek Mall, is your premier entertainment destination, featuring 10 state-of-the-art auditoriums.
- 5.07 mile(s) from Yawkey House Museum, offering tours of the elegant house built in 1901. Travel back in time as you learn about a vital era to Marathon County and Wisconsin.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Rib Mountain Shopping District, lots of shopping! Featuring Kohls, Old Navy, Pier 1, Barnes & Noble, Gordmans, Sams and many more.
- 2.50 mile(s) from Wausau Center Mall, a downtown shopping mall located in the heart of Wausau, WI; hosting over 50 stores and 6 quick serve restaurants in the food court. The mall is located next to the 400 Block downtown.
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 0.50 mile(s) from Rib Mountain
- 5.97 mile(s) from Rothschild
- 6.00 mile(s) from Schofield
- 8.00 mile(s) from Brokaw
- 8.16 mile(s) from Weston
- 10.34 mile(s) from Kronenwetter
- 11.82 mile(s) from Marathon City
- 12.00 mile(s) from Mosinee
- 2.00 mile(s) from Wausau Insurance
- 2.00 mile(s) from Asprius® Wausau Hospital
- 3.00 mile(s) from Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork
- 3.00 mile(s) from Eastbay® Footlocker
- 4.00 mile(s) from Wausau-Mosinee Papers
- 4.00 mile(s) from West Business Services
- 6.00 mile(s) from Wausau Windows & Walls
- 7.00 mile(s) from Linetec
- 8.00 mile(s) from Award Harwood Floors
- 8.00 mile(s) from Kraft Foods
- 10.00 mile(s) from Greenheck® Fan Corp.
- 11.00 mile(s) from Weathershield® & Peachtree
- 12.00 mile(s) from Rondele Foods
- 18.00 mile(s) from Marathon Cheese
- 50.00 mile(s) from Hurd® Windows and Doors
- 3.00 mile(s) from Rassmussen College
- 4.00 mile(s) from University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 4.48 mile(s) from College of Beauty Culture
- 4.91 mile(s) from Upper Iowa University
- 5.00 mile(s) from Globe University
- 6.00 mile(s) from Northcentral Tech College
- 35.00 mile(s) from University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.50 mile(s) from Granite Peak Ski Area, large ski resort with over 70 runs, six chair lifts, and a full ski shop with rentals.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Rib Mountain Golf Course, nine hole golf course with driving range
- 2.00 mile(s) from World Cup Kayak Course, whitewater rafting and canoeing, hosting competitors from around the world.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Wausau Whitewater Park, created in 1974, the east channel of the Wisconsin River in downtown Wausau was made into a Whitewater park and is now one of the nation's best alalom courses. The Wausau course hosts competitors from around the world.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Marathon Park, indoor skating rink, hockey facilites, picnic and playground areas, fairs and antique shows.
- 5.00 mile(s) from 9 Mile Forest Recreation, hiking, biking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
- 12.00 mile(s) from Blue Haven Stables, horseback riding
- 15.00 mile(s) from Indian Head Golf Course
- Hoffman House Restaurant, on premises, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: dinner, Offering a well-rounded menu with great steaks. Open: Monday thru Thursday, 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Cali's Grille Room, on premises, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, Lounge serving great food and drinks! Open: 4:00 p.m. to close Monday through Saturday.
- Outdoor Café, on premises, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, Open on seasonal basis
BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Wausau. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Brewmaster's Oktoberfest Experience local brews as they are expertly paired with delicious food. This fun festival takes place around the 400 block in Downtown Wausau starting at 1 p.m.
October 4-5, 2014
October 11-12, 2014
Fall Colors Comet Sky Ride Soar over the beautiful colors of fall at the Granite Peak Ski Area as you ride the Comet Sky Ride to the top of the mountain where you can walk around before riding back to the base. The chairs run from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Jack O'Lantern Festival Join the community of Spooner for this fantastic fall festival. Join in on the classic pumpkin roll down Siegner Hill, Paint your pumpkin, try your hand at pumpkin carving, and enjoy all the other events happening throughout the day. The fun begins at 9 a.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean