- HOTEL INFORMATION
- MAP & DIRECTIONS
- ATTRACTIONS & DINING
- LOCAL INTEREST
BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel
2901 Hummingbird Road, Wausau, WI 54401-7327
Phone: 715/842-1616 Fax: 715/845-3726 97 Rooms
Check In Time: 3:00 PM Check Out: 12:00 AM
Located next to I-39 and Highway 51, the family-friendly, business-friendly BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel offers everything business and leisure travelers alike need for an unforgettable and comfortable Wausau hotel stay.
Outdoor enthusiasts will love the BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel's easy access to thrilling Wausau adventures - like hiking, biking and nature watching at Rib Mountain State Park and skiing, skating and snowboarding during the winter at Granite Peak Ski area. Other attractions nearby also include Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, the Wausau Center Mall, historic downtown Wausau and the Central Wisconsin Airport.
Inside this charming Wausau hotel, guests will find that each spacious accommodation offers all the comforts of home, in addition to the thoughtful touches guests have come to know and expect from the Best Western brand. Other amenities at the BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel also include a complimentary full breakfast each morning, two on-site dining options - The Hoffman House Restaurant and Cali's Grille Room - and a 10,000 square foot domed atrium, which comes complete with a sparkling indoor swimming pool, whirlpool hot tub, game room and fitness center. Shuttle service to the airport is also available.
Staying at the BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel on business? Then you'll love our on-site business center - which provides everything you need to conduct business as usual out of the office - and a close proximity to area businesses, like Aspirus® Wausau Hospital, Linetec, Alcatel-Lucent, 3M® and the Wausau Paper Mill.
Experience beautiful Wausau with a stay at the BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel. Make a reservation and save today!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Computer modem hookups
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, daily hot breakfast items, fruit, pastries, juices, and more.
- Cocktail lounge, Cali's Grille Room is a lounge and grill restaurant
- Indoor pool, heated
- Poolside services, during restaurant hours
- Hot tub whirlpool
- Exercise facility Open from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry
- Dry cleaning, pickup service available, fees vary.
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out, inquire at Front Desk
- Game room
- Children's activities, arcade games, pool and ping pong tables.
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, complimentary open 24 hours
- Printer available
- Fax services, available at the front desk, nominal fee for outgoing
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Audio/visual equipment
- Conference services
- Exhibit services
- Dataports, analog dial-up
- Video conferencing
- Mail services
- Meeting facilities, space available for 400 plus people
- Banquet facilities, space available for 400 plus people
- Conference facilities
- Equipment rental
- Ballroom, space available for 400 plus people
- Table tennis/ping pong
- Physically challenged services, wheelchair available
- Physically challenged facilities
- Parking for the physically challenged, large parking facility
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines
- Local shuttle, advance notice required to guarantee availability - Additional fees apply when booking through third party websites for all shuttle services.
- Airport car 24-hours, advance notice required to guarantee availability - Additional fees apply when booking through third party websites for all shuttle services.
- Free parking, large parking facility
- Outdoor parking, large parking facility
- Truck/RV parking, large parking facility
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- 10,000 square foot domed atrium houses the pool and game area
- No elevator
- Complimentary coffee service in lobby
- Taxi service available 24-hours, nominal fee. Limo service available 24-hours, nominal fee.
- Additional fees apply for shuttle services when booking through third party websites.
- Pets allowed in pet friendly rooms only - pet fee of $20(plus tax) per night applies with $100 maximum per week.
BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western midway hotel in Wausau.
BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western midway hotel in Wausau, Wisconsin is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 44.930085 / Latitude: -89.664925
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 39. Take Exit 190 on to Highway NN West. At the intersection of Highway NN and Hummingbird Road, take a left. The BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel will be on the left. We look forward to seeing you!
From: Highway 51. Take Exit 190 on to Highway NN West. At the intersection of Highway NN and Hummingbird Road, take a left. The BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel will be on the left. We look forward to seeing you!
From: Highway 29. Take Exit 190 on to Highway NN West. At the intersection of Highway NN and Hummingbird Road, take a left. The BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel will be on the left. We look forward to seeing you!
BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from Rib Mountain State Park, beautiful State Park with great views and rock formations, an amazing view from the fire tower, hiking and picnic areas.
- 1.00 mile(s) from State Park Speedway, Wisconsin's premier 1/4 mile asphalt track. Late model and sport stock racing throughout the summer.
- 2.50 mile(s) from The 400 Block, renovated in 2011, the 400 Block is a community gathering space featuring a stage, gathering space, and water fountain. The 400 Block hosts many events throughout the summer, including concerts in the square
- 3.00 mile(s) from Grand Theater, offers a varitey of entertainment to the community and visitors in a restored to the Grand Era theatre
- 4.00 mile(s) from Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, home to the world renowned Birds & Art Collection. Beautiful art work changes regularly.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Historic Andrew Warren, residential area on the National Register of Historic Places
- 5.00 mile(s) from Marcus Cedar Creek Cinema, The Marcus Cedar Creek Cinema, located in the Cedar Creek Mall, is your premier entertainment destination, featuring 10 state-of-the-art auditoriums.
- 5.07 mile(s) from Yawkey House Museum, offering tours of the elegant house built in 1901. Travel back in time as you learn about a vital era to Marathon County and Wisconsin.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Rib Mountain Shopping District, lots of shopping! Featuring Kohls, Old Navy, Pier 1, Barnes & Noble, Gordmans, Sams and many more.
- 2.50 mile(s) from Wausau Center Mall, a downtown shopping mall located in the heart of Wausau, WI; hosting over 50 stores and 6 quick serve restaurants in the food court. The mall is located next to the 400 Block downtown.
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 0.50 mile(s) from Rib Mountain
- 5.97 mile(s) from Rothschild
- 6.00 mile(s) from Schofield
- 8.00 mile(s) from Brokaw
- 8.16 mile(s) from Weston
- 10.34 mile(s) from Kronenwetter
- 11.82 mile(s) from Marathon City
- 12.00 mile(s) from Mosinee
- 2.00 mile(s) from Wausau Insurance
- 2.00 mile(s) from Asprius® Wausau Hospital
- 3.00 mile(s) from Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork
- 3.00 mile(s) from Eastbay® Footlocker
- 4.00 mile(s) from Wausau-Mosinee Papers
- 4.00 mile(s) from West Business Services
- 6.00 mile(s) from Wausau Windows & Walls
- 7.00 mile(s) from Linetec
- 8.00 mile(s) from Award Harwood Floors
- 8.00 mile(s) from Kraft Foods
- 10.00 mile(s) from Greenheck® Fan Corp.
- 11.00 mile(s) from Weathershield® & Peachtree
- 12.00 mile(s) from Rondele Foods
- 18.00 mile(s) from Marathon Cheese
- 50.00 mile(s) from Hurd® Windows and Doors
- 3.00 mile(s) from Rassmussen College
- 4.00 mile(s) from University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 4.48 mile(s) from College of Beauty Culture
- 4.91 mile(s) from Upper Iowa University
- 5.00 mile(s) from Globe University
- 6.00 mile(s) from Northcentral Tech College
- 35.00 mile(s) from University of Wisconsin Stevens Point
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.50 mile(s) from Granite Peak Ski Area, large ski resort with over 70 runs, six chair lifts, and a full ski shop with rentals.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Rib Mountain Golf Course, nine hole golf course with driving range
- 2.00 mile(s) from World Cup Kayak Course, whitewater rafting and canoeing, hosting competitors from around the world.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Wausau Whitewater Park, created in 1974, the east channel of the Wisconsin River in downtown Wausau was made into a Whitewater park and is now one of the nation's best alalom courses. The Wausau course hosts competitors from around the world.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Marathon Park, indoor skating rink, hockey facilites, picnic and playground areas, fairs and antique shows.
- 5.00 mile(s) from 9 Mile Forest Recreation, hiking, biking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing
- 12.00 mile(s) from Blue Haven Stables, horseback riding
- 15.00 mile(s) from Indian Head Golf Course
- Hoffman House Restaurant, on premises, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: dinner, Offering a well-rounded menu with great steaks. Open: Monday thru Thursday, 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Cali's Grille Room, on premises, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, Lounge serving great food and drinks! Open: 4:00 p.m. to close Monday through Saturday.
- Outdoor Café, on premises, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, Open on seasonal basis
BEST WESTERN Midway Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Wausau. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2013 Wisconsin River Pro Rodeo Held at the Lincoln County Fairgrounds in Merrill.
2013 Twin Ports Lakefest
Held at Bakers Island in Superior.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean