BEST WESTERN Maritime Inn
1001 N 14th Avenue, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235-1225
Phone: 920/743-7231 | Fax: 920/743-9341 | 90 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:30 PM | Online Reservations
Discover Wisconsin's beautiful Door County from the comfort of this quaint Sturgeon Bay hotel, just minutes from the Door County Maritime Museum.
Located at the gateway to Door County, the BEST WESTERN Maritime Inn makes it easy to discover all that the area has to offer. From fishing on the bay to exploring the historic down town area, or taking in a local sporting event, there is something for everyone. Stroll through local orchards or sip wine at the Door Peninsula Winery. Hit the links at a local golf course. Also, guests at this Sturgeon Bay hotel can walk to a number of delicious restaurants or experience one of the area's many annual festivals.
Just a short drive away, guests of the BEST WESTERN Maritime Inn can visit other Wisconsin attractions such as Kangaroo Lake, Bailey's Harbor and the Eagle Bluff Lighthouse. Within an hour's drive, visit Green Bay, Wisconsin, home of the Green Bay Packers.
Corporate travelers appreciate that this Sturgeon Bay hotel is close to many local business attractions, such as Bay Ship, Palmer Johnsons, Hatco and Econo Foods. Our central location also makes us an ideal choice for groups traveling for sports, weddings, tours or other events. Be sure to inquire about discounts for Washington Island residents, business rates, bereavement rates and special group rates.
Make yourself at home at the BEST WESTERN Maritime Inn, where each well-appointed guest room features cable television, as well as free high-speed Internet access. The hotel offers deluxe suites and whirlpool suites. Hotel amenities include an expanded complimentary continental breakfast, an indoor heated swimming pool and whirlpool, lobby fireplace, game room and limited business services.
To experience the best in customer service, cleanliness, amenities and atmosphere, contact our courteous, friendly staff at the BEST WESTERN Maritime Inn. Make a reservation today and save! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee, waffles, and hot items including sausage and eggs, biscuits and gravy. Menu is subject to change.
- Complimentary breakfast
- Indoor pool, heated
- Hot tub, indoor whirlpool
- 24-hour front desk
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Photocopy services
- Interior corridor
- Guest laundry facility, nominal fee
- Dry Cleaning, same day cleaning available
- Express check out
- Cable or satellite television DirectTV
- Free wireless Internet access, available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access
- Business center, open 24-hours
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer, available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Complimentary coffee and tea in lobby
- Cozy fireplace in lobby
- Barbeque grill for guests
- Complimentary newspapers
BEST WESTERN Maritime Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western maritime inn in Sturgeon Bay.
BEST WESTERN Maritime Inn
Conveniently located, the best western maritime inn in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 44.846842 / Latitude: -87.362192
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Highway 42-57. Go over the bypass, turn left on Business 42-57 and go 1 mile. The BEST WESTERN Maritime Inn is located across from the Cherry Point Mall.
BEST WESTERN Maritime Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.00 mile(s) from Historic Sturgeon Bay, offers a unique opportunity for visitors to take a walking tour of some of the most beautiful neighborhoods and shops in Wisconsin. This Old House magazine even named one Sturgeon Bay neighborhood to its (Best Old House Neighborhoods 2011) historic homes, remarkable architecture, and even some little known tid-bits of history await your evening stroll.
- 1.6 mile(s) from DC Historic Museum, experience Door County’s unique history. Exhibits are beautifully detailed and educational. Upon entering the Scandinavian-style building, visitors are greeted with a spectacular natural history wildlife diorama featuring a life-sized beech tree and native species including over 90 birds, white-tailed deer, badger, fisher, and more. One wing is devoted to the pioneer fire station with restored trucks and fire-fighting artifacts. Children of all ages may sit in a 1920 Oldsmobile fire engine. Historical photographs and videos complement the exhibits. ‘Best small museum in the Midwest’ – Chicago Tribune.
- 4.00 mile(s) from DC Maritime Museum, located along Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin’s busy waterfront, the Door County Maritime Museum showcases the area’s rich maritime roots. Hard-working fishermen, brave ship captains, skilled craftsmen, bold inventors and lonely lighthouse keepers are just some of the personalities you’ll discover in the galleries of the museum. See how these maritime pioneers worked and what they made, and you’ll understand and appreciate your visit to Door County on a deeper, more engaged level.
- 1.5 mile(s) from Historic Michigan Street, owned by the State of Wisconsin, this bridge, built in 1930, is one of only two remaining examples left in the United States and is currently being placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Schwerzer-type overhead counterweight draw section makes this structure both unique and nationally significant.
- 6.8 mile(s) from Red Oak Vineyard, is a family owned and operated winery and vineyard that prides itself on maintaining traditional wine making processes. Our wines are made by temperature controlled fermentations to bring out added flavor and qualities to our wines. Wines that need to age in oak barrels are aged in our cool aging room.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Door Peninsula Winery, takes the snobbery out of wine and puts in Hand-Crafted Fun™. We’re Door County’s original winery with over 40 different wines to suit every palate. And when it comes to fruit wine, nobody does it better.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Potawatomi State Park, is on the shore of Sturgeon Bay in southern Door County, has 1,200 acres of gently rolling upland terrain bordered by steep slopes and rugged limestone cliffs. The park is named in honor of the tribe that inhabited Green Bay’s shores and islands when Europeans first settled the area. The tribe called themselves Bo-De-Wad-Me which means (keeper of the fire.) Eventually the spelling and pronunciation were changed to Potawatomi.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Cave Point County Park, featuring underwater caves, hiking trails & limestone cliffs along scenic Lake Michigan.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Whitefish Dunes, protects the fragile dune environment on the eastern Door County Peninsula. Stroll along Lake Michigan, watch waterfowl at Clark Lake, use the boardwalk to discover the wetlands or relax on one of the many trails throughout the forested sand dunes and beech forest. The park's nature center features year-round programs, exhibits and displays on ecology, geology and human history. Whitefish Dunes is a day-use park, there is no camping.
- 25.00 mile(s) from Peninsula State Park, high bluffs and cobblestone shoreline, an 1860's lighthouse, a challenging 18-hole golf course, a professional summer theater, a sandy swimming beach, bike trails and a year-round Naturalist program make this 3,776-acre park extremely popular. All sites are within a five minute walk to the shoreline.
- 43.00 mile(s) from Newport State Park
- 20.00 mile(s) from Pumpkin Patch Festival, fun-filled weekend! Free admission. Live music, carnival rides, arts & crafts vendors, face painting, pumpkin & scarecrow displays, roaming magician, storyteller, silent auction, food and fun!
- 30.00 mile(s) from Sister Bay Fall Festival, the (Granddaddy) of all Door County festivals, 2014 will mark the 69th annual Fall Fest in Sister Bay. What began as a celebration and reward for the Door County tourist workers after a busy summer season has evolved into one of the largest weekend celebrations on the peninsula! A parade, arts & crafts fair, food booths, live entertainment, and children’s activities make this a must-do weekend, but the real fun lies in one of the Fest’s oldest traditions – the famed Ping-Pong Ball Shoot. An astonishing 10,000 Ping-Pong balls are released on Sunday afternoon, with a one in ten chance of winning a prize from a participating Sister Bay business!
- 24.00 mile(s) from Bjorklunden Chapel Museum, Bjbrklunden vid Sjon, Swedish for (Birch Grove by the Lake) is a 425-acre estate on the Lake Michigan shore just south of Baileys Harbor in picturesque Door County. A place of great beauty and serenity, the property includes meadows, woods, and more than a mile of unspoiled waterfront.
- 25.00 mile(s) from Cana Island Lighthouse, built in 1869, it is among Door County’s favorite and most frequently photographed attractions. Limited parking. Access to island via rock causeway. Public facilities available. Admission fee. Grounds open daily mid-May-October. Operated by Door County Maritime Museum and Lighthouse Preservation Society.
- 26.00 mile(s) from Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, located on a bluff overlooking Green Bay’s waters, Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, constructed in 1868, is a living tribute to the peninsula’s maritime history. Restored and furnished to recall Captain William Duclon’s tenure (1883 – 1918) Eagle Bluff lighthouse provides a glimpse into the life of the keeper through family artifacts and photographs. Visitors are invited to tour the lighthouse under the guidance of knowledgeable docents. Daily tours are available mid-May through late October every half-hour 10:00 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. Group tours are welcome by reservation.
- 25.00 mile(s) from Kangaroo Lake, is the largest inland lake in Door County, Wisconsin, United States. It is located in the towns of Baileys Harbor and Jacksonport, and is the main feature of Kangaroo Lake State Natural Area.
- 1.6 mile(s) from Cross Roads at Big Creek, a preserve for experiential life-long learning focused on science, history and the environment. Located in the heart of Door County, this 115-acre preserve includes several specific educational resource centers and an extensive all-season trail system that connects to evergreen and hardwood forests, streams, seasonal ponds, wetlands and upland meadows.
- 1.6 mile(s) from Miller Art Museum, year-round public art museum featuring permanent collection of 20th century Wisconsin art, seven changing exhibits, a gallery of Gerhard C.F. Miller paintings, educational programming, performing arts and art workshops. Special guided tours available. You can also become a supporting member of the art museum and receive benefits. Admission is free. The art museum is accessible to all.
- 7.00 mile(s) from The Farm, in beautiful Door County, is a special place. A quote about The Farm in the Reader’s Digest book, Off the Beaten Path says it best: Children and adults as well, are likely to be charmed, entertained and educated. The Farm is a delight for people of all ages. As a living museum of rural America, it is a blending of cultural, historical, agricultural, ecological, recreational and educational values. Every year, The Farm virtually explodes with newborn and new-hatched creatures. Goat kids, piglets, foals, calves and lambs are born throughout the season; chicks hatch every day in the observation incubator. Be sure to check the stork report in the lobby.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 2.00-20.00 mile(s) from, Fishing
- 2.00-20.00 mile(s) from, Golf
- 2.00-20.00 mile(s) from, Orchards
- 2.00-20.00 mile(s) from, Weekend Festivals
- 2.00-20.00 mile(s) from, Winter Fun
- 0.3 mile(s) from Nightengale Supper Club, full service, steak house, open for: dinner, serving steakhouse fare & a Friday fish fry in a cozy space
- 2.2 mile(s) from Mill Supper Club, full service, American, open for: dinner, conveniently located on the corner of Highway 42 and 57 - three miles north of Sturgeon Bay, the Mill Supper Club offers delicious baked chicken, prime rib, fish and steak dinners. We are open every day except Monday. We are closed Monday and Tuesdays from November through Memorial Day. The Mill Supper Club has been a family owned and operated business for over 48 years.
- 0.5 mile(s) from Draft Haus, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 2.1 mile(s) from Sonny's Pizzeria, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, casual pizzeria & bar serving Chicago-style pies in a family-friendly venue with a game room.
- 29.6 mile(s) from Al Johnson's, full service, Swiss, open for: breakfast, lunch, goats graze the sod roof atop this casual log-cabin eatery serving traditional Swedish fare.
- 19 mile(s) from PC Junction, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, casual, train-themed eatery serving American classic fare to table by mini train, plus a play space.
- 2.5 mile(s) from Scaturo's, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, cheery local fixture offering home style Italian-American fare, Sunday brunch & baked treats.
- 4.2 mile(s) from Waterfront Mary's, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, It’s about Fun on the Waterfront! Follow your compass North on Duluth Avenue to Waterfront Mary's. It’s not a Dead End… It’s the Road to Waterfront Mary’s Bar and Grill! Inside or Outside Deck seating overlooking the waterfront of Sturgeon Bay! Daily Specials, Live Music at least three times a week, special events, room for group outings such as family reunions, class reunions, weddings, birthdays…Come enjoy the day or evening at Waterfront Mary’s
- 2.2 mile(s) from Greystone Castle, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, bar & eatery offering classic American fare, darts & TV sports in a hunting-&-fishing-themed space.
- 2.3 mile(s) from Kitty O'Reilly's, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, join Kitty O'Reillys Irish Pub and experience the liveliest pub on the Historic west side of Sturgeon Bay.
- 1.7 mile(s) from Engine Room Ale House, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, offers casual dining and an excellent beer selection. The Town Hall Banquet Room is a beautiful venue for events
- 1.4 mile(s) from Trattoria Dal Santo, full service, Italian, open for: dinner, relaxed trattoria serving Northern Italian fare, wine & beer in a storefront space.
BEST WESTERN Maritime Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the local area events happening in or near Sturgeon Bay. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2016 TasteBud Outdoor Culinary Event
Get a taste of Green Bay this season as local and regional caterers and restaurants provide specialty treats and meals at the Green Bay Botanical Gardens in a festival-type atmosphere. The fun begins at 5 p.m.
2016 The Big House Brawl
Race fans, head over to the Crandon International Off-Road Raceway in Crandon for for two days of high-speed thrills, as the TORC Series comes to town. Race times are yet to be determinded. Get your tickets today.
2016 Sounds Like Summer Concert Series
Each Thursday for almost the entire summer, Phoenix Park in Eau Claire hosts its outdoor summer concert series. The shows range in genre, but are always family-friendly and a great showcase of regional talent. The gigs begin at 6:30 p.m.
2016 Side Pork Fest
Visiting Sturgeon Bay this June? Head over to the Martin Park for a full-day of local bands, delicious food, entertainment, kids' activities, a 5K and fun run, and more. The event start time is TBA.
2016 Rockin' Tomahawk 5K Half Marathon
The fun-filled 5K is set for early summer – head over to SARA Park for not only the 5K, but also post-race food, refreshments, and live music. Registration is at 6:30 a.m.
2016 Keys to the Big House
The TORC Series returns to Crandon Off-Road International Raceway for rounds 15 and 16 of the series. Get your tickets today.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean