BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & Suites
600 Oasis Road, Black River Falls, WI 54615-5468
Phone: 715/284-9471 | Fax: 715/284-9664 | 141 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Located in beautiful Black River Falls, Wisconsin, the Full-service BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & Suites is conveniently located near many recreational sites including Lake Arbutus, Lake Wazee, Bruce Mound Winter Sports Area, and Jackson County Forest which offers some of the best ATV and snowmobile trails in Wisconsin. As our guest, you can enjoy direct access to trails from our property.
The BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & Suites offers many services and amenities including an indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness center, guest laundry, ATM, free high-speed Internet, complimentary continental breakfast, meeting and banquet facilities, a restaurant and bar on-site, all in addition to our exceptional service! Each well-appointed room features expanded cable TV with HBO®, microwave & refrigerator, free high-speed Internet, coffee maker, iron & board and hairdryer.
Black River Falls and Jackson County offer many leisure activities such as antique shopping, golfing, hiking, biking, and hunting. Other activities include fishing or boating on Lake Arbutus, scuba diving in Lake Wazee, skiing and snow tubing at Bruce Mound Winter Sports Area, or swimming at the Hoffman Aquatic Center. ATV and snowmobile enthusiasts can conveniently access Jackson County's All Terrain Vehicles (ATV) and snowmobile trails directly from the BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & Suites.
The BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & Suites is located near Western Technical College, Skyline Golf Course, Majestic Pines & Casino, DNR Regional Headquarters, Lunda Construction, Regal Beloit, Cummins Engine, Wal-Mart®, Land O' Lakes, D & S Manufacturing, Krohn Clinic and Black River Memorial Hospital. Minutes away are Fort McCoy, Ashley Furniture, Highgrounds Veterans Memorial Park and Warrens -the Cranberry Capital of the World.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary continental breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, eggs, yogurt, juice, coffee, and hot items
- Complimentary breakfast
- Indoor pool, heated
- Safe deposit box
- Cocktail lounge
- Guest laundry
- Ice/vending machines
- 24-hour front desk
- Nature preserves/trails and fitness trail
- Truck/RV parking
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Conference rooms
- Photocopy services
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Exercise facility Open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Inter corridor
- Free high-speed wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Basketball, Hoop and Balls Onsite
- Sunbathing, on our beautiful deck right next to the lake
- Volleyball, net and ball provided onsite
- Fishing, in our own Lake!
- Gift shop or newsstand, souvenirs and other items available
- Complimentary Coffee in Lobby
- Complimentary Water in Lobby
- Paddle boats available onsite
BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western arrowhead lodge & suites in Black River Falls.
BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western arrowhead lodge & suites in Black River Falls, Wisconsin is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 44.296105 / Latitude: -90.817595
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The east Take Interstate 94 to Exit 116. Turn right onto Hwy 54, then take first right onto Oasis Road to the BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & Suites.
From: The West Take Interstate 94 to Exit 116. Turn left onto HWY 54, then take first right onto Oasis Road to the BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & Suites.
BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Found along Interstate 94 in Hixton, Cain’s Orchard is scenic 20-acre farm set in southern Wisconsin. Visitors of nearby Black River Falls or Eau Claire are invited to stop in, as the Cain family offers plenty of ways to enjoy the country and life on the farm.
The farm closes for the winter in late October, but when in season, visitors can take hayrides, pick freshly grown fruit, and hit the retail store for Eau Claire gift baskets and European chocolate. The farm opens to the public on Saturdays at 7 a.m.
There are few better ways to experience Wisconsin other than a visit to Castle Mound Pine Forest. Found within the Black River State Forest, this narrow butte rises 180 feet above the surrounding sand plain. You can access this excellent outdoor recreation spot from Highway 12.
There's much to see and do within Castle Mound Pines – hiking is a popular recreation, though trails are not designated, so you get to carve your own path. Fishing at nearby lakes and streams is a fun way to spend an afternoon, and during the winter months you can get your fill of cross-country skiing.
Set just outside of Neillsville in southern Wisconsin, Highground Veteran’s Memorial Park is a small, scenic park, run completely by volunteers to pay homage to America’s military. The park sits on nearly 150 acres, yet because of the park’s literal high ground, over 500,00 acres are visable.
Travel in from nearby metros like Black River Falls and check out the Earthen Dove Effigy Mound, the Gold Start Tribute, the Wisconsin Vietnam Veterans Tribute, and all of the other on-site memorials and structures. The park is open year-round for extra convenience.
Don't miss your chance to explore and experience Lake Arbutus during your next visit to Wisconsin. Head for Hatfield, found just north of Black River Falls in southern Wisconsin, and check out this exceptional lake. Lake Arbutus is most easily accessed from West Clay School Road.
Spread across Lake Arbutus and its 774 acres of pristine southern Wisconsin water, you'll find plenty of boating and fishing chances. Many anglers land impressive hauls of walleye, catfish, musky, and smallmouth bass. There are five boat landings at Lark Arbutus, and two beaches, ideal for a summertime visit.
Map out your next visit to Wisconsin and head for the southern region. You'll want to make the most of your stay in Black River Falls, one of the most charming and eclectic cities in the region. Once there, head out for a fun day of aquatic adventures at Wazee Lake Recreation Area.
In the Ho-Chunk native language, "wazee" translates to "tall pine" – this man made lake tries to embody that with rows of tall pines lining the shores. Because of it's deep and clear water – up to 355 feet deep in some parts – Wazee Lake Recreation Area is the premier SCUBA diving spot in the area.
Set in the heart of Black River Falls, the Lunda Community Center offers a variety of fitness and health activities for visitors and residents of southern Wisconsin alike. Moreover, the center hosts a variety of community events, including tournaments, parties, league play, and more.
If you’re checking out the center, don’t miss the state-of-the-art indoor pool, gymnasium, and weight room that are all conveniently on-site. Even better, relieve the stress of travel by hitting the dry sauna for full relaxation.
Also know as Ho-Chunk Gaming, Majestic Pines Casino is renowned gaming and entertainment venue set in Black River Falls. The southern WI casino features over 600 slot machines, friendly table games, and the 500-capacity Ho-Chunk Black River Falls Bingo Hall.
The Majestic Pines is also great for a night out, as big-name concerts, magic shows, and other live entertainment frequent the bingo hall, Poker Bar Stage, and casino floor. After you’ve worked up an appetite, be sure to stop at the Black River Bistro and Poker Bar for delicious food and tasty cocktails.
One of the very best and most popular destinations for mountain biking fans in Wisconsin is Perry Creek Trail. Found south of downtown Black River Falls, Perry Creek Trail is just one of the many different and unique aspects and sites found within the larger Black River State Forest.
The Perry Creek Trail will land you at the Castle Mound, another top site in this forest. If you're planning to explore this area on your mountain bike, you'll pass through gorgeous swaths of aspen trees, pine trees, oak trees, and maple trees. There is also lots of room for hiking within Perry Creek Recreation Area.
You'll be in for outdoor adventures galore the next time you visit Wisconsin. Plan a stay in Black River Falls and check out the nearby Robinson Creek Pines State Natural Area. Found within the Black River State Forest, this natural area is a floodplain of the both Robinson and Wyman creeks.
Robinson Creek Pines measures out to 85 acres in total, and contains a scenic corridor of enormous and picturesque white pines. When you visit Robin Creek Pines, you'll find it easy to fish, hike, and view wildlife. During the winter months, you can also try cross-country skiing.
Formally Pioneer Brewing, Sand Creek Brewing Co. is one of the many beloved brewing companies in southern Wisconsin. Open since 1995, Sand Creek is found in Black River Falls, where after merging with Pioneer Brewing, became one of the most popular brewers in the region.
Visitors of the brewery will certainly enjoy taking a Friday brew tour, available for free from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. While on the tour, check out this history brewery building, which dates back to the mid 1800s, and stop in the taproom for a cold Badger Porter or Sand Creek Cranberry Ale.
Make the most of your next visit to Wisconsin by bringing your clubs along for the trip. Head for Black River Falls in southern Wisconsin, and play 18 impressive holes at the Skyline Golf Course. You'll find this course northwest of downtown Black River Falls.
Opened in 1957, Skyline Golf Course plays to a par of 72 across its 18 holes. Featuring a max length of 6,371 yards from the back tees, this course will yield a fun and entertaining challenge. It has a course rating of 70.6, and a slope rating of 123. It is open to the public and features an 8-stall driving range.
Set just outside of downtown Cataract, the Little Falls Railroad and Doll Museum is a family-friendly attraction unique to southern Wisconsin. Some of the on-site features include the model railroad, Madame Alexander doll collection, and 40-foot play train, ideal for young children.
Open Thursday through Sunday, from May 1st to October 31st, the museum also offers a playground and the Toddler’s Trike Trail for the young ones. And for the adults, be sure and stop in the Railroad Museum for some intriguing bits of history.
Set just southwest of Cataract and Black River Falls, Wegner’s Grotto is a charming roadside attraction found along Wisconsin Highway 71. The grotto has been a staple of this region of southern WI for nearly 100 years, since the Wenger family first decided to build the grotto in 1929.
If you’ll be in the area, feel free to stop in for a visit and check out must-sees like the Peace Monument, Steamship Bremen, and Glass Church. While a grotto, the garden and its monuments are not overtly religious so most anyone can enjoy taking a stroll through and viewing the attractions.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.00 mile(s) from Pioneer Brewing Company
- 2.00 mile(s) from Black River Falls State, Fair
- 3.00 mile(s) from Casino and Jackson County
- 4.00 mile(s) from Majestic Pines Casino
- 12.00 mile(s) from Lake Arbutus
- 3.00 mile(s) from Skyling Golf Course
- 12.00 mile(s) from Indian Museum
- 12.00 mile(s) from Holmes Creek Pheasants
- 15.00 mile(s) from Cain's Orchard
- 19.00 mile(s) from Woods and Meadows
- 35.00 mile(s) from High Ground Historical, Site
- 40.00 mile(s) from Fort McCoy
- 10.00 mile(s) from Hixton Antique Mall
- 40.00 mile(s) from Valleyview Mall
- 45.00 mile(s) from Oakwood Mall
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.01 mile(s) from ATV, motorcycle, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, trails
- 1.00 mile(s) from Black River Skatepark
- 1.00 mile(s) from Lake Wazee, Today, Wazee Lake is recognized as the deepest inland lake in the State of Wisconsin with a maximum depth of 355 feet. Visibility in the lake averages 30-40 feet during the summer months. Water temperatures run from approximately 70 degrees surface temperatures to 40 degrees below the thermocline. Activities at Lake Wazee include: scuba diving, hiking, biking, swimming, fishing, and sun bathing.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Foundation Trail, One of the beautiful assets in Black River Falls is the scenic 4.1-mile Foundation Trail that circles the city. Many people have used the trail for walking,running and biking since it was completed in 2000. The trail winds along the Black River, the Town Creek, near the Golf Course, through the Lunda Community Park, near other parks, past the high school, fair grounds, Pine View Care Center, and in the downtown area. The 10-foot wide paved trail has two underpasses, lights, a bridge, and benches.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Skyline Golf Course
- 3.00 mile(s) from Lunda Recreation Center, Swimming, Suspended Walking Track, Fitness Room, Raquetball, Volleyball, Basketball, Water and Land Aerobics
- 3.00 mile(s) from Hoffman Aquatic Center, Open 12:00-6:30 p.m. Mon-Sat. Sunday 12:30-6:30 p.m. June through August.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Lake Arbutus, Swimming, Waterskiing, Boating, Jet Skiing
- Fine dining on premises Orange Moose Bar & Grill
- Orange Moose Bar & Grill, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner. Lunch - 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Dinner - 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday through Sunday
- 0.10 mile(s) from Perkins®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.10 mile(s) from Subway®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.10 mile(s) from Taco John's, fast food, Mexican, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.30 mile(s) from Burger King®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.30 mile(s) from Culver's®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.30 mile(s) from McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.50 mile(s) from Oriental Kitchen, buffet, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Re-Pete's Saloon & Grill, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.00 mile(s) from Denny's®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1.50 mile(s) from Cinco de Mayo, full service, Mexican, open for: dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Pizza Hut®, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 3.00 mile(s) from KFC®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 10.00 mile(s) from Club 95, bar/lounge, Steak House, open for: dinner,
- 12.00 mile(s) from Castle Hill Supper Club, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner,
- 15.00 mile(s) from Stone's Throw, full service, American, open for: dinner,
BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Black River Falls. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
66th Annual Flag Day Parade
A patriotic festival held in Appleton, featuring live music, decorative floats, and more, all as a part of what is considered one of the America's oldest Flag Day parades. The parade marches through downtown Appleton, starting at 2 p.m.
2016 Waterfest Concert Series
Every Thursday this summer, the Leech Amphitheater in Oshkosh hosts lively and family-friendly concerts from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. The entertainment ranges from local, regional, and national artists, so check the schedule during your visit.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean